Sunday, August 5, 2012

Just Sex?? O_O

Just finished watching The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (2011). Good movie. Suits my taste buds and I'd recommend. But anyway the end just, like, slaps me. Real hard. I really did think (spoiler alert if you haven't and are planning to watch) they were gonna end up together in the end. I swear to you I did. But then she goes to deliver the coat and sees homeboy walking with his umm boss (?) who he's having an out-of-the-workplace relationship with...ughhhh. Well anyway I got over it and just let the movie marinate in my system for a while and then a convo I was having with some friends some months back came to my head. Point of the convo- A dude could just have sex and it would be just about sex but a gal couldn't. A woman would always get emotionally involved. This further led to... A woman cheating is worse than a man because he wasn't emotionally involved. As a group both ideas/theories came out to equal COMPLETE BULLSHIT. But we argued anyway. Now why am I thinking about this after the movie? Well, Lisabeth kinda got emotionally involved in the end and the dude who was cheating with her on his boss (?) who was cheating on her husband kinda didn't. The whole "which cheating is worse than the other?" is out the window, but I'm wondering could it ever be just sex? O_O Like could a woman just have just sex? With no emotions involved? I wonder.

2 comments:

  1. Cheating is cheating jo. In fact, i'd much rather you cheat and be emotionally involved. I'd hate to think you ruined our relationship and trust over nothing. Both scenarios suck though.

    Anywho, emotionless sex is quite possible. I could write a whole novel on my theories but i'll spare you for now lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See with the whole emotional involvement, I use to sit on the other side of the fence but I can see what you mean. Me thinks I am packing my load and joining your POV. And pls, your novel will be thoroughly read and bookmarked for future reference ;-). In other words, I am waiting for my signed copy.

      Delete

Your comments are more than appreciated!! And if I don't respond, sorry in advance, school is probably strangling me :-)