Friday, March 23, 2012

A short list of Adede's woes

So I have been very cranky lately, most likely caused by the 1 month and 2 weeks left of school and the shit load of shitty shit that needs to be completed within that time frame AND still Ace my Finals. But seeing many things for the past week has made extra upset and cranky. In any case here goes a short list of the crap that I deal with daily.

1. People who for some reason walk slow during rush hour when transferring trains. No shots at disabled, pregnant, stroller having, obese or elderly individuals. None at all because I have had to miss trains for my mom and her "I don't want to go and break my leg because of a train" attitude. But please if you have a condition that may slow you down, ESPECIALLY when the rest of us straphangers are trying to make transits to other trains or rush to class, at least wait for people to go before you. Its just courtesy in my opinion.

2. People who open their legs wide open covering two seats instead of one. Now I wouldn't have been as upset if when these ppl are asked to shift so that you- a tired college student, an elderly woman/man or  a PREGNANT LADY (Like for real, dudes do this more common too UGHHHH)- could sit down, would not look at you like you have four heads. Here's a snippet of the eye convo I have with these ppl:
Guy with legs wide open: "Where the fudge do you wanna sit?"
Me: "Mothersucker, in the seat that you did not pay for!!"
Guy with legs wide open: "O my GOD! So I'm suppose make myself uncomfortable cause of you?"
Me: "Really? Sitting only in the seat you paid $2.25 for will make you uncomfortable? May $4.50, bring a receipt and I won't complain!!"
Guy closes his legs and then looks at me from the peripheral.
Just the other day, I had to give up my seat to this pregnant lady who looked like she was around 34 weeks (I'm taking maternity right now. So awesome but so tedious!!) because no one and I mean no one wanted to get up. Now as someone who is lugging around a textbook, a laptop and series of folders, I can relate. But you just need to see the way everyone threw their eyes away when she got on, like, "Nah me give am belle??" *Tonto eyes* Followed by a long over exaggerated hiss.

3. Bus drivers or train conductors that see you running with the "Please don't go" look in the eyes, especially when you almost bust your behind several times while running and still leave you. Are you serious?! Like you didn't see me almost die trying to catch the freaking bus?!
Yesterday was one of the days that I need to take two trains and a bus (I HATE taking the bus) to get to clinical. As I get off the last train to get on the bus, late as fudge ice cream, I see the bus across the street. You can just imagine the freaking out like if I miss that bus I'm dead. So here I am waiting for the light to change so I can book across the street hoping this man would open the door for me. I dash across the street once the light was yellow and shouting my head off, please open the door ooo!! The man looks at me and STILL pulls the bus away. So I'm about to start balling because a minute late my prof. will not let you into the clinical. And then I look, the bus is waiting at another red light and the next bust stop isn't far. What did I do? Run to the next bus stop! "Adede you can make it, you can make it. You can do it as long as you set your mind to it" I did make it, before the bus too. I wanted to curse the bus driver out, bad and seriously but I just paid and went to sit down and ask GOD to bless him and make sure he remembers my face.

In any case, I've realized that this short list has gotten rather long so I'm going to cut it short here.
Hope everyone's having a wonderful month so far.

P.s. I saw a C-section. Story for another day

Lerra pipuls

1 comment:

Your comments are more than appreciated!! And if I don't respond, sorry in advance, school is probably strangling me :-)