Thursday, December 29, 2011

Random Thought

I apologize for my lack of blogging. I literally have nothing interesting (as if the previous posts were interesting smh) to blog about. So here I am trying to make sure that I don't just stop blogging and in the process was thinking about something inconsequential but yet somewhat important.

Since the first time I attended a wedding the saying always use to be "I now pronounce you husband and wife" but recently I've been hearing "I now pronounce you man and wife" I never use to put serious thought into these things but while walking from the bus stop yesterday it came and this is exactly what my internal response was, "Why the hell do they make it seem like the man is not bound to the woman just as much as the woman is bound to the man?! Making it seem like he's still single talking about "man". I don't like it oooo. Mr. Pastor, Mr. Bishop, Mr. Whoever-is-presiding-over-the wedding, don't try me oo and come and say "man and wife" because homeboy is bound! As in bound to me and I am bound to him, simple!" There was of course some hissing involved and "can you imagine" all over the place but yeah, what's up with that?? "Man and Wife". Some people may read this and say I'm jobless, why yes, yes I am, but still its one of those things that comes through my mind and gets me upset. We all have those right? Random Thoughts?

Anywhichway sha, the new year is coming!! Or rather, we're going to meet it. Any way you look at it, 2012 is a few days away. I don't think I'll do the resolution list, they always fail me in the end and I end up feeling like a failure. I'll just do my normal reflection and view ways to change certain things. Hope everyone is enjoying the holidays!! Lerra pipuls!

2 comments:

  1. You are not jobless and i'm surprised you only just heard the "man and wife" thing. I will specifically make sure that is not said at my wedding. Another thing is being introduced as Mrs. husband's first name and last name. Just because i'm married doesn't mean i cease to exist and i will not tolerate it from anyone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It grinds my gears like, "no its husband and wife" and yes the Mrs. husband first and last name. I've already started telling people that if someone wants to marry me they berra marry me with my father's name attached ooo. I am still part of my birth family even if I'm marrying someone. I thank GOD sha, I won't be stressing, my cousin will be making corrections where necessary and that includes at the altar if the pastor makes a "slip of tongue".

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are more than appreciated!! And if I don't respond, sorry in advance, school is probably strangling me :-)