Friday, January 27, 2012

Errrrr

I suck at blogging, I know. It's just, well I'm a lazy writer. I'm not even gonna say that I haven't been here in a while. The honest truth is well, I have the words to say but don't have the strength to type it. Funny considering that I comment paragraphs on other blogs that I read daily. Any way, no shaking right? I'm forgiven? Thank you. You guys are so nizee (nice).

So about today's post. Yesterday I was coming back from clinical (OMG I had psych clinical on Tuesday and to say the least, I'm still stuck in Tuesday and Gender/OB is going good, on a cardiac unit for now, sha we'll save that gist for another day) and I got on the train going to school. The MTA and I aren't solid friends, I mean our friendship has "improved" over the years but definitely I'm not a fan. Anyway, I get on the train which I and most of New York had to pay $2.25, no bigs, it's a normal. But what killed me is that I got on the train, mind you I'm carrying this heavy bookbag and was waiting for the train for about 15 mins (I hate standing in place, feels like the world is moving and here I am just standing), and virtually every three-seater was occupied by two individuals and someone's bag. Some of the four-seaters were fully occupied where some only had two people with their legs wide open. Adedes and Adionmwans aka old women and old men, did you pay an extra $2.25 for your bags or to sit overtly comfortable in a train? I think not! Anyway, by the time I got on the train, there were about 10 people standing, are you kidding me?! There are seats but you're standing?! But then I found myself reluctant to vocalize my emotions or at least ask for a seat. By the time I reached the next stop my mind went "Adede, your mother did not birth a coward and even if you consider yourself one, ABEG tell someone to move their bag so you can sit, your back is about to break with this ovasabi (oversabi i.e. "you're being so extra") load. People, after being called or possibly being called a coward, the next thing to do is prove that you're not a coward so I went right ahead and asked someone to close their legs and shift so that I can sit. After sitting, I noticed the lady to my right was hissing, rolling her eyes, mumbling, all the things that are enough for me to ask her "What is your problem?" but like I always say, when you see trouble you keep walking until it's too close for comfort. Anyway I ignored her and pulled out my iPad and played Bad-Apple right until she began trying to create this invisible wall with her hand and she ended up touching me. So I said, very politely, "Can you please stop sliding your hand against my side?" Her response, "Can you please tell your jacket to stop touching mines?" I tell you, I started laughing, as in very loud. And I wasn't the only one that heard the rubbish that just came out of her mouth, the lady next her and several others were giggling. It was too funny so I continued on, "Jacket, Jacket, please stop touching the lady's jacket. She doesn't like it" then I faced the lady, "I've spoken to the jacket, but it's very stubborn, so please forgive regardless." Then the giggles in the train increased, for some ODD reason they people found this convo funny including myself. After a while, I guess she couldn't bear looking stupid or she actually reached her stop, so she got off the train.

People mehn, TOO funny, esp. New Yorkers.
Anyway got some school stuff to do so talk lerra pipuls!

7 comments:

  1. LMAAAOOOOO!!!! SO u are a NEwYorker just like me ehn!!! all dose train people, I tire....That convo was mad hilarious though.
    I am coming home o...so make sure you get yourself on my page soonish o!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yells oooooo! You berra come ooo because we're missing you mucho mucho as our spanish friends would say! I'll be on my way.... now!

      Delete
  2. Thats how you can tell i've been away for too long. I was in NY in december and nearly had a heart attack when i saw how much it was to ride the train and the bus now. When i last was there it was still under $2. Talk less of the fact that they got rid of the 1-day $7 fun pass. Broke my heart!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tell me about it!!!! When I graduated from high school you should have seen my face when I actually had to start BUYING metros. Was depressed for weeks. And then they raised the fare?!? Didn't leave my house for like 2 weeks.

      Delete
  3. Lmao!!!! Wowww you should write a book on your train stories! LOLL Very cute!! I love it!

    Mally
    xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking about that the other day. Hmmmmmm considerations in effect.

      Delete
  4. Ahahahahah tew funny. hi5 jere. Stupido sombory. Nice blog. Check out mine http://toinlicious.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are more than appreciated!! And if I don't respond, sorry in advance, school is probably strangling me :-)