Friday, November 11, 2011

Clinical, Train and the Meagre Things After

Got back from clinical about 2 hours ago. Boy was today hectic, well not really but this was like the first out of 3 days that I've been on my feet ALL DAY LONG. But it was all worth it. By the end of the day, I had given out meds and injected insulin, wrote up a care plan on the spot (can you imagine?? It normally takes me a full day!) and finished most of my scales (Lawton's, Katz's, etc. to measure depression and activity level). In all, I was on my feet doing something so I'm content.

Moving on, while I was on the train, there was this couple sitting a few seats away from where I was and apparently the lady, I suspect his girlfriend, was upset. After watching(yes I was watching, but not stalkerish/creepy) the couple for about 10 minutes, I understood what the lady was upset about. The dude was eyeballing and I mean this dude was salivating, glancing, basically stripping another girl with his eyes. Now to all the dudes out there, there is nothing wrong with checking out a girl, but eyeballing, especially in the presence of your partner and particularly when she may be talking and WILL notice that you are not paying attention, is rude. So yeah, he was eyeballing the girl. After what seemed about 10 minutes and 4 stops later, the girl (the one being eyeballed) got up and exited the train and the dude's eyes unhesitatingly followed her. His girlfriend became infuriated because at this point she was calling his name to get his attention but as evidence has shown he was clearly not interested in his lady and therefore could not hear her. When the doors of the train finally closed "tuh tun" *the sound the train makes*, there it came, a serious up the head slap. This man was bald so the slap seemed so much more serious. I heard it and though I could see them, I wasn't that close so I shouldn't have heard it. It seemed like that slap woke him up and there I, and the man sitting next to me started rolling with laughter. I mean it was just to funny, especially the look on his face when he finally realized he had a lady, particularly his girlfriend, sitting right next to him. His girlfriend went off, and I mean off. If she was a cartoon, her face would be red and steam would be blowing out of her ears. She started yelling at the dude, cursing him, calling him all manner of names some of which were pig, manwhore, good for nothing jerk, jackass and many more. Mind you everyone on the train is looking at her and her dude. After the dude pointed out that she was making a fool of herself, she turns around and starts yelling, at no one in particular, that everyone needs to mind their business, yada yada yada. In my view, she brought her business to be minded by everyone when she started yelling. But hey, the lady is upset.

Anyway I eventually got off the train, got home ate some delicious beans and fish with rice and stew and did this post. Hope everyone is having a wonderful Friday and hope the weekend is great too!

P.S. Happy Veterans Day!! :-)

1 comment:

  1. Both points were passing through my head as I was rolling with laughter with the guy next to me on the train. The train is the best place for these characters I tell you, the best!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are more than appreciated!! And if I don't respond, sorry in advance, school is probably strangling me :-)