Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Giving Thanks

Ahhhhh. Finally the break has started, but it really isn't a break since I have all this crap due when school resumes on Monday. T_T <--that's what I was doing when they listed all the assignments for class yesterday. In any case, I'm sitting here and thought I should do a post and since tomorrow is Thanksgiving day, what better topic right?? So what am I thankful for? 1. Family
While they drive me nuts, and I mean this in the most literal way, I love them all the same and I'm thankful for each and every one of my family members.

2. School
Yes I'm crazy. I admit it. Since family drives me nuts, school can only do what? Turn me into a squirrel. I am honestly thankful for school, particularly the course I'm studying. When I was growing up, I wanted to be a judge. That dream died when I realized how much I hated arguing, even though I do it so well with everyone. I just didn't wanted to be a judge honestly. I knew I wanted to make a difference but how? No clue. In any case, here I am 15 years later doing nursing and making a difference, for someone. Every moment doing Nursing, every time I go out and take on the responsibilities of a nurse, I know I'm making a difference in someone's life and that feeling is absolutely irreplaceable. I told you I'm a squirrel for school. I wrote more of school than I did for family. Smh mehn smh.

3. Strength
Whoyyyyyyyyy (this is strictly done in a Carribean accent, particularly my St. Lucians). I thank GOD for strength. The strength to pull through all that crap that I'm faced with in school, home, in my head. Ahhhhhh. I for no fit oooo.

Last but not least and HE doesn't get a number, GOD. Yes I thank GOD for being who HE is to me and more and words will not begin to express but HIM I give all the thanks.

There are sooooooo many other things that I'm thankful for but ummm yeah I just got lazy. Hope everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving and for those not celebrating, I'll celebrate for you with some jollof rice, fried rice, chicken, pepper soup, suya (not the original kind) and many more!!!

4 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving! I am thankful for Blogsville...It is nice to have a place where you can be quiet with your thoughts and yet still be heard...and an avenue to meet awesome pipus.....yes you are awesome!...:)
    Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwww. I'm blushing!!! Thank you and thanks for reading. I'm thankful for Blogsville as well, the ability to share thoughts and really just the space to be at peace of mind, it's great honestly and like you said, "an avenue to meet awesome pipus" (Just added a new word to my dictionary) like yourself.

    Hope you're having a wonderful Thanksgiving. Like I said I'll be eating jollof rice and meat on your behalf

    esp for meeting ppl like you and being able to share thoughts You're blog is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am happy you chose to study nursing tp help with making a difference. I dont think people understand the impact people in the medical field have on life and society in general! I know you are still studying but I thank you in advance for the future lives you will impact :)

    Mally
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Mally... Thanks!!!!! Feeling encouraged!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are more than appreciated!! And if I don't respond, sorry in advance, school is probably strangling me :-)